Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Charity Project for the Children's Shelter

I know that I have been guilty for not posting on this blog for the last few months, however, sometimes things happen in life that rob you of your time.  I have been busy with family, and as a result, I've stayed away from my blog.  

Even though I had to take care of some family matters, I managed to continue working on my charity knitting and crochet projects.  

I got in touch with several residents in my new neighborhood and spread the word that I was volunteering with the local children's shelter to gather children's hats for the kids at the shelter.  With the help of the new volunteers, we managed to collect about 70 knit hats and about 20 baby blankets.   

However, below you will see a couple of the items that I made & delivered to the shelter.  The third photo below shows the hats that the group of volunteers made for the children's shelter.





The knit hat is a simple pattern that any knitter can make and the baby blanket is a crocheted item with some textured stitches which I really like.   If you go to the link on the right of this post you will be able to go to my Ravelry page and get the free pattern.

As always, I thank you for stopping by and visiting.  Stay safe and be blessed.

The HookDude



No comments:

Post a Comment