Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Winter Hat Project 2015 Completed

The winter hat project for 2015 was completed in early December.  I usually work on this #charity project by myself throughout the year, but this year, I decided to try something different.



I submitted an article through our neighborhood's newsletter around July of last year enlisting the help of any crocheters and/or knitters in my subdivision.  It was a simple request:  submit one hat for this project and in December, the hats would be delivered to our local children's shelter.  We have 180 homes in our subdivision so I figured we would at least have 1 or 2 other crocheters/knitters who would participate.


I didn't get much of a response but thanks to another gentleman, a knitter, who lives in the neighborhood, I was able to have enough hats for the shelter. 




Sometime in late December, I delivered 40 hats (in different sizes)to the children's shelter.  



Below is a sample of some of the hats(#crochet & #knit) that went to the children at the shelter.



Now it's time to start working on the winter hat project for 2016.

As always, I thank you for stopping by and visiting.  I know that there's a lot of talented crocheters/knitters out there, so please consider donating at least one item to your favorite charity.

The HookDude











No comments:

Post a Comment